Our services include:
- Study design assistance
- Grant writing and proposal preparation support
- Sample size determination
- Data analysis recommendations
- Interpretation of results
- Guidance in preparing reports and manuscripts
- Help with statistical computing programs
We do NOT provide:
- Homework checking and coursework assistance
- Data cleaning services
- Data management
- Manuscript reviews or detailed proof-reading
Analysis has become much more easily performed with the improved interfaces for JMP, R, SAS, and SPSS. The faculty consultants strongly encourage individuals, especially graduate students, to perform their own data analysis. This is important for a better understanding of the results of the data analysis. Statistical collaborators will gladly recommend what procedures should be used and provide support to get started. If a faculty member needs help with analysis, options can be discussed with faculty statistical collaborators.
Walk-in Statistical Collaboration
Experienced graduate students staff the walk-in Stat Lab. Walk-in lab statistical collaborators have taken at least two years of graduate-level statistical coursework, including a year of statistical collaboration training.
The walk-in Stat Lab is recommended for guidance with data formatting, data “wrangling”, data visualization and common statistical analyses.
The walk-in Stat Lab holds virtual consultation hours. Consulting hours vary on a semester basis; a current schedule can be found at https://statlab.colostate.edu/schedule-a-consulting-appointment/.